One of my favorite things to do in the spring is to get some color into my yard. I love planting some annual flowers in barrels and hanging baskets around the house. When it looks like this, I wonder if I have the energy!



Beth and Brenan gave me this white cart for my birthday, so I had fun planting some herbs into little pots to go on it. They smell so good as I enter or exit my front door! I've had the other cart for a few years now.

This crab apple tree has never bloomed like this before! It is so extra-ordinarily beautiful, especially from my bedroom window! You can see one of our newest trees in the foreground. It's a flowering crab as well, but it will be reddish/pink. I can't wait until it is bigger and full of blossoms!

Don has been working on preparing this patch of lawn for some sod, as it was dug up when we had to run power line into the house after a 3 day power failure in the spring of 2010. He also replaced the railroad ties on the flower beds.

This is my perennial flower bed, and it is growing so nicely with all our rain. It will be gorgeous in a couple of weeks.

A shot of our new south deck with the stairs moved from the east to the south.

My birthday herb cart up close!
This post made me even more excited to come home (as if that's possible). The yard looks amazing. Can NOT wait to be there in real life!!
ReplyDeletesince when have we had a crab apple tree?! i must have been oblivious :)the deck looks awesome. can't wait to be there :)
ReplyDelete