Monday, May 16, 2011

My Newest Grand Daughter!

On April 23, Evalyn Elizabeth joined our family. She was born in the wee hours of Saturday morning at 1:28, and weighed eight pounds, fifteen ounces. She was twenty and a half inches long. I was so blessed to arrive in time to witness her birth, as Beth and Brenan planned well. I went down for my Easter Break, and got to their home at noon on Good Friday! What timing! Here I'm holding Evalyn right after they checked her over and wrapped her up!
This is later the same day when I took McKay in to see his baby sister.
Uncle Do (Dillon) was so happy to love on her in the hospital room!
Bright-eyed for sure!
McKay wasn't sure what to think on his first visit, but on Sunday he was all about giving gentle kisses to Evalyn's head. He kept saying, "Baby's sleepin."
And she was... The hospital stuck bows on the girls' heads and it was so cute!
Home Sunday evening, and doing well! Evalyn is such a good baby. She sang with each breath and hardly made a cry at all.
What a sweet little family of four.
McKay's little sister, Evalyn!
Notice the little booties that Beth crocheted. They are adorable!
Evalyn hardly looks like a new born here, but she is only one week old. We had to do a photo shoot of her before I had to leave on Sunday May 1st.


ONe of the bonuses to being there to help Beth and Brenan, was that I got to hang out with McKay. We had some great times, for sure. At the hospital on Easter Sunday. What a special place to be together!
Always reading books, as McKay loves to read stories and he has an incredible attention span!
Music's in his jeans and he loves getting the pots and pans out to play as drums!
Over to the nearby park to swing and climb on the only nice day we had together!
Up in Layton, Utah for Beth's good friend, Hilary's wedding reception. McKay looks so grown up here with the bow tie that Beth made for him. He loved climbing the spiral staircase at the event.
I think we look pretty good together! I love McKay and his little sister, Evalyn. (...and their parents of course!) It was so much fun to be there with them for the week.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Beth & Brenan! Little Evalyn is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful! I am so happy that you were able to spend time with their beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post... might have to import it into mine because you documented the week so well. thanks for being there for/with us!

    ReplyDelete